Nitriding heat treatment increases the surface hardness of steel, increasing its resistance to fatigue and wear through the formation of nitrides. One of the most common industrial methods is gas nitridation in an atmosphere based on nitrogen and ammonia.
SOL offers customers consultancy support including the supply of technology, products, plant and services:
- supply of the technical gases, nitrogen and ammonia, needed for the process;
- generators for on-site production of endothermic mixtures (SolMix® technology) with controlled carbon potential;
- plant for stockage, distribution and mixing, designed and manufactured to comply with current regulations governing toxic gas handling;
- systems for analysing nitriding potential and atmospheric control, for the efficient and effective operation of the nitridation treatment;
- chemical analyses and metallography services.